Sorry it has been a while. I’m pretty sure the goal of finals week was to set a new record of mental and emotional breakdown in one week. I survived though, a little worse for the wear, but still in one piece. This week my brain has received just as much of a bashing. I’m doing my pre-teaching week in a 4th grade class. I’ve shadowed before and didn’t expect much difference, but my first day the teacher left me in charge. VERY SCARY!! And the whole thing has left me questioning everything.
For the past years I have been so incredibly sure that I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. Last semester I considered secondary English, but that was still in education. Now I am utterly confused by everything. I don’t know what other options there are, but I just don’t know anymore about education. I am for sure in full spiraling mode.
It makes me feel better that I’m not alone. Two of my friends, one in music ed and one in special ed, are both going through their pre-teaching weeks now and are going through the same thing. I’m glad I’m not alone in this but don’t wish this confusion on anyone else either.
I guess for now I will try to continue going in each day with an open mind and try to do some soul searching. Maybe I should look into some other careers though. I promise after this week of sleeping and teaching only I will continue to write. For now though…
MISCHIEF MANAGEDCurrent book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Quote of the day: I no longer live with shannon and I am lacking on good quotes so I will use an old one "I wan't to stand in a room full of teenage girls when Taylor Lautner walks in and scream 'Look! It's Sharkboy!!'" ~ Shannon :D
Awww, we need some new quotes!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your week gets better! Remember that whatever you end up doing is going to be hard and trying at times. Pay attention to the other classes you take outside of education though, and see if there's anything else that interests you. You don't have to get it right on the first try...I know I didn't on the first OR second!
I miss youuu!!! :)